Wednesday 28 November 2012

where to buy canadian goose jackets Waterville New York Hikes

Waterville Ny Hikes

Going up of Mount Hunger, I stumbled upon a cemetery. It had been less than 1?10th of a mile from the summit, this resting spot for people in the Rogers family and the Williams family, who lived and died in this southern-most part of expansive Oneida County in the 1800s. I had been intrigued by this small graveyard in the center of a 507-acre state forest, three-quarters of a mile from the nearest road. Of course, my interest was misguided. I thought Mount Hunger was the peak from the county, otherwise I never might have stumbled across Clark T. Rogers great monument and also the headstones of his many brethren. After i researched the cemetery I discovered my error. Id been directed to Waterville history buffs Flip and Richard Brown. Richard would be a retired airline pilot is not a thing or two about high places. Flip was his wife, whod wandered the area backroads and trails with other mothers when their kids, now grown, choose to go off to school for the day. Flip wondered why I thought about Mount Hunger. After i informed her my reason, she corrected me gently. Tassel Hill, less than 5 miles away in Woodford State Forest, was 25 feet taller than Mount Hunger.

On my way up of Mount Hunger, I came across a cemetery. It had been less than 1?10th of a mile from the summit, this resting place for people in the Rogers family and the Williams family, who lived and died within this southern-most a part of expansive Oneida County in the 1800s. I had been intrigued with this small graveyard in the center of a 507-acre state forest, three-quarters of a mile in the nearest road. Obviously, my interest was misguided. I figured Mount Hunger was the peak of the county, otherwise I never might have found Clark T. Rogers great monument and the headstones of his many brethren. When I researched the cemetery I learned of my error. Id been forwarded to Waterville history buffs Flip and Richard Brown. Richard would be a retired airline pilot who knew a thing or two about high places. Flip was his wife, whod wandered the area backroads and trails along with other mothers when their kids, now grown, had gone off to school during the day. Flip wondered why I thought about Mount Hunger. When I informed her my reason, she corrected me gently. Tassel Hill, under 5 miles away in Woodford State Forest, was 25 feet taller than Mount Hunger.

Went on the quick hike with my 18 month old son in a back pack. Saw this one was all the way down the street and so i figured Id try it out. Unsure basically found the right trailhead. I had been just a little rushed getting here and didnt do enough research. The sign having said that Non-motorized Vehicles Prohibited helped me think I had been at the correct spot. The trail was very wet and muddy, there would be a large amount of blown down trees across the trail. The trail wrapped up towards the top of the hill and then started back down, never reaching the top. Did not visit a radio tower either. Will need to try again a later date.

1 comment: